18 January 2011

......even when I'm in Arizona! :)

Well....all I can say is that good intentions will only get you so far........
But I certainly haven't been an absent blogger due to lack of content - - so here's my attempt to catch up a bit and redeem myself.

I was in Arizona for work mid-November, but it was still sunny in Boston!!  :)  Why, you ask?!?  I'll show you......

I was enjoying a nice lunch with one of my employees and we were at Macayo's Depot Cantina in Tempe.  I glanced over at the mural on the wall....it was a big scene with some different things going on, but how happy was I when I saw this??


Oh, yes it is........this little guy is sporting a Boston Red Sox t-shirt.....in a mural in a mexican restaurant all the way in Tempe, AZ!  haha......I love it!  Apparently the artist of this lovely mural thought it was always sunny in Boston, too!!!  Good work my friend, good work.....

Of course, that's not all.........on the very next day, I headed out to Power Ranch Golf Club to play in our US Airways IT group's Fall Classic Tournament.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous....it was perfect golf weather....and we all had a blast.  But, the BEST part, BY FAR, was this:


Yep.....a fellow Bostonian doing a GREAT job of representing the greatest city in the world!!  He had a Celtics flag and a Pats flag too, but I only took a picture of the most IMPORTANT flag, of course.....the RED SOX flag! :)  haha  I love it! 
This fine gent still had his wicked awesome Boston accent, too.  Said he loves Boston and misses it a lot, but "hey, you can't get weather like this in Boston every day."  And that's exactly why I don't miss Phoenix one little bit.  That is one of the gazillion reason why I love Boston so much.  Of course the varying-degrees-of-summer-year-round Phoenix weather can be appealing to a lot of people.  I'm just not one of them.  I like the seasons.....I like change.....I like wearing my coats and hats and scarves and gloves and bundling up.  I like being able to see my breath when I walk outside.  And the snow.  Oh, the SNOW (...sigh of joy)!!!  Is there anything more beautiful, more peaceful, than a perfect snowfall???  Nope.....it's perfect....absolutely PERFECT.......just like we had here in Boston today......so there you go.....today's reason it's sunny in Boston.....the perfect snowfall.....the kind that just dusts the trees, the kind that would appear in an old movie like Holiday Inn (one of my favorites!) or It's a Wonderful Life or White Christmas........so beautfiul, so peaceful, so perfect.....


This isn't the best video but it's what I woke up to this morning......this is the view from outside my bedroom window.  What a way to wake up!!  Lovely.......

Here are a few more pictures from today's snowfall:



















Ah, the perks of working at the airport....you get an even BETTER view of all the pretty snow!!

Okay....I have many more things to add & I will continue to catch you up on the infinite reasons as to why it's always sunny in Boston.......so stay tuned!

happy days to all......

No comments:

Post a Comment